Aviation industry in India is expanding at a rapid pace. This expansion has given rise to the multiple opportunities from the development of new airports to launch of Regional Connectivity Scheme in the domestic segment.
Aviation industry in India is expanding at a rapid pace. This expansion has given rise to the multiple opportunities from the development of new airports to launch of Regional Connectivity Scheme in the domestic segment. The surge in the number of aircraft in the Indian airspace has also extended Scope in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering. An aspiring candidate must be determined and should be passionate about the aviation if he wishes to pursue his future in this challenging field. The Aircraft Maintenance Engineering in India has got very wide scope. The domestic operators have placed an order for more than 1000 aircraft which will join the existing fleet in the next 10 years.
Placement options after the conclusion of any curriculum within India or abroad totally depends upon 3 major factors namely,
- Knowledge acquired: All the license courses are divided into theoretical & practical elements of the multiple subjects. Some include only theory while other may include only practicals or the combination of both. The grades received in those examinations matter the most as they are the sore reflection of your basic knowledge without oral assessment.
- Skill development: This skill can only be developed with experience and exposure. Candidates are high in knowledge but low when it comes to performance. Most of the training institutions lay more emphasis on the theoretical aspect as the development of practical training facilities requires investment & maintenance. In such a condition the lower exposure of working by hands and assessment of successful result remain absent thus lowering the employability skills of the people.
- Attitude: One may score 100% marks and have plenty of practical work experience but if your attitude towards work profile is not correct or negative then there are high chances that you might land in soup. In the aviation world, special subjects like Human Factors training is emphasised on regular basis to keep one’s morale high and develop a positive attitude towards work conditions.
IIA Group of Institutions pioneered an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Course in India for those who aspired to work on aircraft. We have produced alumni who are today some of the most successful and respected members of the best aircraft engineering organizations in India & abroad. Join Us!!
The Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course in India run under the guidelines of DGCA, Govt of India. These Aircraft Maintenance Courses are subdivided into the license categories like Category A (Transit or Line Maintenance), Category B1 (Major Maintenance of Aeroplane or Helicopter).
The Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course in India run under the guidelines of DGCA, Govt of India. These Aircraft Maintenance Courses are subdivided into the license categories like Category A (Transit or Line Maintenance), Category B1 (Major Maintenance of Aeroplane or Helicopter), Category B2 (Major Maintenance involving troubleshooting of electrical, instrument & radio components installed on an aircraft).
The regulatory authority in India, DGCA periodically inspects and approves Aviation Institutes in India which are involved in designing, operation, training and maintenance of an aircraft.
To acquire AME license the DGCA guidelines stipulates two procedures;
- By Undergoing Organised Training: Under this, an aspiring candidate can opt for admission in the Best AME Colleges in India so as to attain high skill & knowledge level. This basic training is of 2400 hours duration & is usually conducted within 24 to 30 months (for Category B1 or B2) in Top Colleges for AME in India. Its duration varies from organisation to organisation on the basis of their designed training program.
The Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course Fee ranges from 6 to 8 lacs for Category B1 or B2 training. Along with the coverage of theoretical & practical elements related to aircraft maintenance, a candidate has to pass individual module examination conducted by the DGCA. Along with the theoretical & practical elements of AME Course, the DGCA guidelines stipulate coverage of 2 years of Practical Maintenance Experience at an approved aircraft maintenance facility. This experience can be obtained by working in a Maintenance Repair & Overhaul organisation or by getting associated with an Airline operations division.
- Without Organised Training: With no formal training in the Best AME Institute in India, passing expensive examination without any thorough preparation is a big risk. After clearing all the module examination in the relevant license category, a candidate needs to ensure an authenticated work experience of 5 years in a maintenance organisation which is extremely difficult.
By undergoing organised training, it takes around 4 to 5 years to get the Aircraft Maintenance License but without training, the licensing process takes more than 8 years. There are very few organisations which are situated in metro cities and offer quality training standards. As most of the head offices of the airlines like Indigo, Air India, Spicejet, Vistara are located in Delhi, the AME colleges in Delhi are most sought after when it comes to manpower requirement by these airline operators.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering is a License training program which is approved by the National Aviation Authority of an individual country. In the United States this approval is granted by Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and in European Union, its regulatory authority is European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA).
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering is a License training program which is approved by the National Aviation Authority of an individual country. In the United States this approval is granted by Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and in European Union, its regulatory authority is European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA). The Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) which functions under Ministry of Civil Aviation, Govt of India grants approval to an AME Institute in India.
All the approved AME colleges have to exhibit quality standards isync with the coordinated training program which is a must for maintaining the continuation of approval issued by the regulatory authority for the functioning of an Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course in India.
Civil Aviation had been active in India for more than 6 decades which complimented requirement of Technical persons over the years for its ever-increasing market. With the rapid expansion in the aviation industry, the demand for the Aircraft Technician Course in India surged & many Govt. and privately run organisations rendered their services but only the Best Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Colleges in India survived.
In the aviation industry, the EASA safety norms are considered to be the benchmark and are the most recognised and significant all around the globe. Keeping in view their repute and recognition many Top AME colleges in India applied for their training standards acceptance & accreditation from the European Union’s competent authority.
IIA Group of Institutions which was established in the year 1981 is one of the oldest functioning AME College in Delhi and is one of the only two EASA Approved Institute in India. Over its 40 long years of imparting quality training to the aspiring candidates in the field of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering in India, the organisation has contributed to the industry by supplying thousands of Aviation Technocrats serving domestic and international aviation market, who are currently holding basic technician to superior management level positions.
Its early alumni are holding most of the major posts with all the major scheduled/non-scheduled operators functioning in India. An informal data suggests that more than 50% of technical manpower working in the domestic aviation industry is the product of IIA. The name and reputation cannot be earned in a single day but has to be established with a persistence & perseverance, which at the later stages establishes a brand.
Indian Institute of Aeronautics (IIA) Group gained its repute with 4 decades of legacy, a brand to trust for training & quality standards in the preview of Aircraft Maintenance Training, through which it currently offers EASA Part 66 training in India.