Aviation industry in India is expanding at a rapid pace. This expansion has given rise to the multiple opportunities from the development of new airports to launch of Regional Connectivity Scheme in the domestic segment.
Aviation industry in India is expanding at a rapid pace. This expansion has given rise to the multiple opportunities from the development of new airports to launch of Regional Connectivity Scheme in the domestic segment. The surge in the number of aircraft in the Indian airspace has also extended Scope in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering. An aspiring candidate must be determined and should be passionate about the aviation if he wishes to pursue his future in this challenging field. The Aircraft Maintenance Engineering in India has got very wide scope. The domestic operators have placed an order for more than 1000 aircraft which will join the existing fleet in the next 10 years.
Placement options after the conclusion of any curriculum within India or abroad totally depends upon 3 major factors namely,
- Knowledge acquired: All the license courses are divided into theoretical & practical elements of the multiple subjects. Some include only theory while other may include only practicals or the combination of both. The grades received in those examinations matter the most as they are the sore reflection of your basic knowledge without oral assessment.
- Skill development: This skill can only be developed with experience and exposure. Candidates are high in knowledge but low when it comes to performance. Most of the training institutions lay more emphasis on the theoretical aspect as the development of practical training facilities requires investment & maintenance. In such a condition the lower exposure of working by hands and assessment of successful result remain absent thus lowering the employability skills of the people.
- Attitude: One may score 100% marks and have plenty of practical work experience but if your attitude towards work profile is not correct or negative then there are high chances that you might land in soup. In the aviation world, special subjects like Human Factors training is emphasised on regular basis to keep one’s morale high and develop a positive attitude towards work conditions.
IIA Group of Institutions pioneered an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Course in India for those who aspired to work on aircraft. We have produced alumni who are today some of the most successful and respected members of the best aircraft engineering organizations in India & abroad. Join Us!!
The Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course in India run under the guidelines of DGCA, Govt of India. These Aircraft Maintenance Courses are subdivided into the license categories like Category A (Transit or Line Maintenance), Category B1 (Major Maintenance of Aeroplane or Helicopter).
The Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course in India run under the guidelines of DGCA, Govt of India. These Aircraft Maintenance Courses are subdivided into the license categories like Category A (Transit or Line Maintenance), Category B1 (Major Maintenance of Aeroplane or Helicopter), Category B2 (Major Maintenance involving troubleshooting of electrical, instrument & radio components installed on an aircraft).
The regulatory authority in India, DGCA periodically inspects and approves Aviation Institutes in India which are involved in designing, operation, training and maintenance of an aircraft.
To acquire AME license the DGCA guidelines stipulates two procedures;
- By Undergoing Organised Training: Under this, an aspiring candidate can opt for admission in the Best AME Colleges in India so as to attain high skill & knowledge level. This basic training is of 2400 hours duration & is usually conducted within 24 to 30 months (for Category B1 or B2) in Top Colleges for AME in India. Its duration varies from organisation to organisation on the basis of their designed training program.
The Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course Fee ranges from 6 to 8 lacs for Category B1 or B2 training. Along with the coverage of theoretical & practical elements related to aircraft maintenance, a candidate has to pass individual module examination conducted by the DGCA. Along with the theoretical & practical elements of AME Course, the DGCA guidelines stipulate coverage of 2 years of Practical Maintenance Experience at an approved aircraft maintenance facility. This experience can be obtained by working in a Maintenance Repair & Overhaul organisation or by getting associated with an Airline operations division.
- Without Organised Training: With no formal training in the Best AME Institute in India, passing expensive examination without any thorough preparation is a big risk. After clearing all the module examination in the relevant license category, a candidate needs to ensure an authenticated work experience of 5 years in a maintenance organisation which is extremely difficult.
By undergoing organised training, it takes around 4 to 5 years to get the Aircraft Maintenance License but without training, the licensing process takes more than 8 years. There are very few organisations which are situated in metro cities and offer quality training standards. As most of the head offices of the airlines like Indigo, Air India, Spicejet, Vistara are located in Delhi, the AME colleges in Delhi are most sought after when it comes to manpower requirement by these airline operators.
When the word Aviation strikes an individual, the first picture depicted in one’s mind is that of a pilot flying an aircraft. Very few among the common masses knew that behind every aircraft flight operation it takes enormous hard work, accurate planning
When the word Aviation strikes an individual, the first picture depicted in one’s mind is that of a pilot flying an aircraft. Very few among the common masses knew that behind every aircraft flight operation it takes enormous hard work, accurate planning and accomplishment of maintenance tasks which has to be performed under pressure within the fixed timeline to keep these flying machines in the airworthy condition. This responsibility of keeping an aircraft in fit to fly condition is achieved with the support of unsung heroes which are indeed the real backbone of the aviation industry, the Aircraft Maintenance Engineers.
To become an AME one has to be dedicated and should be passionate about aviation. An aspiring candidate is advised to get enrolled in the Best AME Institute in India so as to acquire a high level of competence for enhancing employability skills. The Aircraft Maintenance Course in India has approved under the CAR 147 regulatory guidelines stipulated by the DGCA, Govt of India.
Amongst the Top AME Colleges in India, the training & quality standards are indistinguishable but the major variation lies in the AME Training Fee Structure where it enhances with the more reputed and established Aviation Institutes in India.
The admission window for the Aircraft Technician Course in India usually opens up in the month of May-June every year periodically for different license streams of Aircraft Maintenance to apply for.
The Best Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Colleges in India that is approved in multiple licensing streams exist in very few numbers. Due to the limitation in seats marked by the DGCA for AME Course in every Aircraft Maintenance Training Organisation, the competition is high amongst the aspiring candidates seeking to secure their position in the Top AME Institutes in India and opt for License stream of their choice.
As per the regulatory guidelines issued by the Director General of Civil Aviation, Govt Of India an aspiring candidate seeking Admission in the Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course has to be 10+2 passed with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as primary subjects, must be minimum of 16 years of age and should be medically fit without any disability to carry out aircraft maintenance tasks without any difficulty.
IIA Group of Institutions in Delhi is the first AME Institute in India established in the year 1981 has produced more than 50% of technical manpower in the Indian Aviation Industry in the field of Aircraft Maintenance. Join Us Today!!