AME (Aircraft Maintenance Engineer) plays a very crucial role in keeping passengers. In fact, the AME course is one of the best courses in the Aviation industry. If you’re looking for a high paying and respectful job apart from traditional engineering or architecture, then you can opt for aircraft maintenance engineering admission at a DGCA approved college.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering course is divided into two streams: Mechanical stream (deals with heavy aircraft) and Avionics stream (deals with radio navigation, instruments, auto-pilot, and electrical systems). Depending on the stream you choose, your roles and responsibilities may differ. However, most of the roles and duties are the same in both the streams.
10 Most Important Duties and responsibilities of AME
- Scheduling maintenance and carrying out the maintenance process as per the schedule.
- Examining whether all electrical and electronic systems are functioning properly or not.
- Examining whether the framework of the aircraft including power plants, wings, and propellers are working properly or not.
- Inspecting the engines and pistons of an aircraft.
- Servicing all the parts of an aircraft to ensure their smooth working.
- Repairing faults in an aircraft before take-off.
- Maintaining inspection records of all the aircraft.
- Repairing sheet metal that is responsible to form the framework.
- Replacing damaged parts.
- Rechecking whether replaced equipments working properly or not.
The biggest responsibility of the AME is to ensure the safety of the passengers on the flight. A flight can take off only when an AME signs a Flight Release Certificate (FRC).
Therefore, it is important for you to complete the course from an institute that allows you to use the latest diagnostic equipment, computerized testing, and other special power tools to perform an inspection and the one that teaches you to work even under difficult weather conditions.
Other Roles and Duties of AME
Other Responsibilities of AME include maintenance of:
- Electronic equipment
- Auto-pilot systems
- Body and glass repairing
- Mobile equipment servicing/repairs
From maintenance to providing fit to fly certificate AME do a very crucial job in keeping the passengers and the aircraft safe. Without AME, aircraft wouldn’t even exist.
IIA Group of Institutions has the best aircraft maintenance engineering colleges in India. From helping you to develop skills like working under harsh conditions and take the right decision. IIA group can help you to become one of the best AME in the world.