Unlike any other engineering course, you do not become an aircraft maintenance engineer after completing your 3 years AME course (6-month job training included ). With every passing year of your course, you’ll be eligible to write for the AME Licence paper. Do not get confused with license paper and college semester paper. The Aircraft Maintenance engineer license means to carry out and certify aircraft maintenance. AME license is recognised and is valid internationally, issued under the guidance of the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO). The license is valid for 6 years and gets renewed after that.
Do not get confused between the AME license paper and the college semester exam. AME is neither a degree nor a diploma course. It is just a course conducted by DGCA approved institutes to prepare you for the DGCA license paper. Only after clearing the license paper can you become an Aircraft maintenance engineer. A certain amount of experience is required for the license paper. The aircraft maintenance engineer course makes you eligible for that exam.
Getting the license is necessary for you to become an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. To get eligible for the license you need to follow the procedure approved by the DGCA approved training institute. Here’s the procedure :
● Clear out the AME entrance exam and complete your AME course to get your C of R (Certificate of Recognition) Certificate approved by DGCA approved institutes.
● By the end of the course, there will be some modules that candidates have to clear. These modules examination is conducted by DGCA Govt. of India.
● After clearing the modules, go for the job/apprenticeship in any airline/ MRO/AMO or any flying training organization.
● After getting the required experience as per CAR 66, you’ll be eligible to proceed with your application forward from the current organisation to DGCA
● Apple to DGCA for knowledge examination and oral exams. A level of knowledge in the appropriate subject modules in accordance with CAR 66. This exam will be conducted by the Central Examination Organization of DGCA.
● After successfully clearing the exam, you will be awarded the Aircraft Maintenance Engineering License.
The department of placement and training plays an important role in any institute. IIA Group is one of the most popular and oldest institutes of Aircraft maintenance engineering in India approved by the DGCA, Ministry of Aviation. We prepare the students by arranging the training programs providing the best faculty and everything that is needed to build confidence. IIA group is counted in the top best colleges for AME. We have been providing the 50% of the total manpower to the aviation industry. So, if you are dreaming to build your future in AME, join us for attaining your cream.